[ale] kaffeine and xine / xine-lib

Ned Williams nedj10 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 13:32:49 EDT 2007

Re-compile for codecs? In my experience with mplayer you just put them in
the codecs dir....but hey its been awhile.

My point about hardware constraints is one of expirience. I have an old 450
mhz notebook I use around the house running debian with Kaffiene by default
and mplayer by addition...divx media that plays fine over 802.11 with
mplayer is choppy in a VERY similer description to the original
posters...mplayer doesnt require the overburden of KDE or other hooks and
will run in any X enviroment you decide to crank up..it IS a lighter
resource hog the kaffiene.

Ned