[ale] con game??

Alex LeDonne aledonne.listmail at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 15:31:10 EDT 2007

On 7/17/07, Paul Cartwright <paul_tbot at pcartwright.com> wrote:
> I got this in my email today, about a JOB...
> this is the company they say they are:
> http://www.ecommerce-projects.com/careers.htm
> check out these terms & conditions:
> http://www.ecommerce-projects.com/acc_payable.htm
>
> is this the new nigerian scam??
>
> --
> Paul Cartwright
> Registered Linux user # 367800
> Ubuntu User number is # 12459

Nothing new about it. Definitely a scam - in their "showcase", three
of the four featured sites are link/search parked domain gateways.

Who do you think the feds come after once the checks and MOs _you_
repeatedly deposit turn out to be fraudulent?

It's just a variation on the purchase-overpayment scam...
http://ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/alerts/overpayalrt.shtm

Just more brazen, as instead of asking you to send a little bit back,
they're asking you to keep the little bit and send the majority back.
Sheesh!

-A