[ale] OT: maybe, it is for Linux use

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Fri Jul 13 15:27:03 EDT 2007

Or it might be that they simply chose not antagonize Arab clients when
it had nothing to do with their business just as they likely don't show
maps of "greater Palestine" when dealing with Israeli clients.

I can imagine maps of South America presented to Argentine clients
probably shows "Malvinas" rather than "Falkland" islands but when
presented to UK clients would show the reverse.

This doesn't show pro or anti in my mind but rather recognition of the
sensibilities of the target audience.  As noted before I have a hard
time the Japanese really have an axe to grind on either side of the
Palestine/Israel question.