[ale] A "high quality" domain name registration?

Jim Popovitch yahoo at jimpop.com
Thu Jul 12 17:22:30 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-12 at 17:08 -0400, Allan Metts wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> godaddy.com presents a cluttered site, lots of adds, and provides
> domain name registrations for 8.95 a year.
>
> By contrast, register.com and networksolutions.com seem to be more
> "professional", but the same domain name registration costs $35 a year.

Register.com also operates rcomexpress.com, which is their partner site.
They generally want you to use it if you manage more than 25 domains...
but I've heard they relent every now and then.  Registrations are
$15/year per domain and they have volume discounts etc.  They have a
much more reliable customer infrastructure than GoDaddy, IMHO.
Additionally their public facing DNS systems are provided by eNom.

-Jim P.