[ale] swap for tech support

Sean Kilpatrick drifter at oppositelock.org
Tue Jul 3 15:43:11 EDT 2007

On Tuesday 03 July 2007 13:19, James P. Kinney III wrote:
| Here's a short HOW-TO on RedHat RAID during the install:

James,

Thanks so much for your help.

I followed your directions and created a partition table

BUT

the RH installer never gave me a dialog box saying, in effect,

"Press [Enter] to partition and format the hard drive(s)."

As best I can tell, it never actually did that. That process should
take several minutes as the system has two 250 GB drives.

I finished the partitioning and hit [NEXT] and the damn thing told me
to reboot without ever actually formatting the drives.

Arghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On reboot it was obvious that there was no existing partition table.

So I tried a second time (sure went faster the second time) but got the
same result.

Clues would be appreciated.

Sean