[ale] Cygwin/2003 question

Terry Bailey terry at bitlinx.com
Wed Jan 24 23:24:46 EST 2007

Hi,

I finally have an Apache Web server running on Windows 2003 using
Cygwin.  The whole Web site is generated by Perl scripts.  I am using port
8080 so I don't have to worry about turning off the web server in Windows
2003.  I know this works because it runs beautifully on a PC running
Windows XP and I am using port 8080 on the XP machine.

The problem is that whenever I try to access the site on the machine
running Windows 2003, I get a popup for username and password.  I know that
this is some kind of permissions problem, but I don't know how to fix it.

Can someone please help?

Thanks,

Terry