[ale] OT: UPS

Bob Toxen transam at verysecurelinux.com
Tue Jan 23 15:56:14 EST 2007

My APC UPSes never die.  My oldest one is about 9 years old (on its
second battery and probably due for a third one, available at Batteries
Plus).

My house was hit with a lightning surge that fried some electronics that
was NOT behind APC UPSes or Surge Protectors.  None of the equipment
behind the APC equipment has been damaged.

I consider APC well worth the money to be sure.

Bob Toxen
http://www.verysecurelinux.com        [Network&Linux/Unix security consulting]
http://www.realworldlinuxsecurity.com [My book:"Real World Linux Security 2/e"]

"Microsoft: Unsafe at any clock speed!"