[ale] Various Random Thoughts and Issues Regarding Wifi Adaptors

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Sat Jan 20 06:23:48 EST 2007

> Manufacturer cooperation would sure be nice. We should at least be able
> to pick up a wireless card at a store and see the chipset used listed on
> the packaging.

Amen.

  http://madwifi.org

Was useful because it had a nice run-down of the cards using the Atheros
chipset,

  http://madwifi.org/wiki/Compatibility

Which made it easy to pick up a NetGear WPN511 RangeMax at the local
BestBuy when I needed a good card in a hurry. and it's been amazing
at picking up signals and connecting to AP's that my other cards
and laptops don't even detect.

They also list which cards have antenna connectors, sometimes useful.