[ale] CUPS and "unsupported format" messages.

Michael B. Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 09:35:34 EST 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-15 at 01:25 -0500, Dow Hurst wrote:

> I don't really have a clue based on the info you've provided and my
> experience with CUPS so far.  It is a strange message.

And the fix for my newest problem was equally strange:  The USB backend
of CUPS doesn't seem to work, so I have to have CUPS print to the
printer as if it were a file.  That works.  But, that isn't right on so
many levels that it makes me rather unhappy.  It seems to slow the
scheduler down significantly when interacting with it, submitting jobs
and the like.  :-/

    -- Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch
                    fd0man at gmail.com
Phone: (404) 592-5746
                          Jabber IM:
                    fd0man at gmail.com
              fd0man at livejournal.com
Demand Freedom!  Use open and free protocols, standards, and software!