[ale] HTML Mail (was: Re: ink expired?!?!?)

Michael B. Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 22:32:00 EST 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-12 at 20:02 -0500, Christopher Fowler wrote:

> On Fri, 2007-01-12 at 18:29 -0500, Pete Hardie wrote:
> > IMNSHO, all the HTML mail does is add hooks for people to add useless
> > things - like backgrounds, animations, and the dreaded color text,
> > which is fine by itself, but at my work, they discourage use of the
> > color printer, and so I can't *see* the neat red or blue highlights if
> > I print out the message.
>
> And they will not work well with Mutt.  I've got links integrated so
> that it will dump the good stuff of HTML out so I can use Mutt with HTML
> mail.

I keep hearing about people talking about Mutt.  What is so good about
it that people use it?  Every time I check it out, I see very little
that is helpful, but then again, in my pre-GUI using days, I used Pine
nearly exclusively.

    -- Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch
                    fd0man at gmail.com
Phone: (404) 592-5746
                          Jabber IM:
                    fd0man at gmail.com
              fd0man at livejournal.com
Demand Freedom!  Use open and free protocols, standards, and software!