[ale] Mass Transit Solutions?

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Wed Jan 3 18:16:13 EST 2007

On Wednesday 03 January 2007 04:42 pm, Marvin,  International Martian of
Mystery wrote:
> James P. Kinney III wrote:
> >> Lingering bitterness over Atlanta killing the trolley, was a primary
> >> reason why Cobb county rejected joining Marta when it was first
> >> proposed back in the late 60s or early 70s.
>
> I'd always heard it was because they were afraid the darker segments of
> our population would migrate to their lily-white neighborhoods via the
> public transport...

Just for the record, I wrote the lines you incorrectly attributed to James
Kinny above.

While I'm sure raceism contributed at least some to that long ago
decision... I really must ask; Why are you bringing this topic up after
*six* months!?
--
William