[ale] most cost effective way to drive 2 monitors

Sid Lane jakes.dad at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 11:50:41 EST 2007

all,

I recently lucked into a Dell 1600SC (dual Xeon, 4x36 RAID, dual PS - sweet)
to upgrade/replace my aging workstation at work (a generic Athlon 1600 from
'03-ish).  yesterday I scored a 2nd 19" LCD so I'm trying to figure our the
best way to use these new toys.  ideally I would like to run both screens
off the same box but I have to use PCI since being a server class box it
doesn't have AGP and being an older server class box it doesn't have PCX.  I
would also prefer to run DVI (mainly because I'm also an AV snob in my spare
time:) so...

can anyone reccomend a resonably priced (I'll be doing this out of my
pocket), linux-friendly PCI video card with DVI?

muchos!