[ale] VM ?

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Tue Feb 27 14:04:16 EST 2007

On Tuesday 27 February 2007 01:11:23 pm James Taylor wrote:
> Generally you have to order the rescue disk from them afterward.
> I think Dell is one that will send it for free, if you can get past their
> default response that they can't do that. On my Sony notebooks, you have to
> send them ten bucks to get one. ?Fortunately I don't need them... -jt

well, both my laptop and new desktop are both XP Media center. I didn't
realize with the laptop that I wasn't getting the OS on a CD. I made SURE
with the desktop that I got that OS CD ! Now I have the rescue partition from
the laptop on a DVD, it was 4 Gb ! I booted rescuecd, ran partimage to see
where that partition was, then ran k3b and burned the files to a DVD.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800