[ale] VNC how to punch thru DSL modem

Howard A Story adrin at haswes.homelinux.org
Thu Feb 22 22:42:03 EST 2007

Yeah,  there is a nameless cable company putting people on the Internet
wide open in the Atlanta area.  And the pushing their software on you
during the install.  I still don't know what the remote support service
is doing running in the background.   But hey they are keeping me busy.
I have to say that at least Bellsouth is putting out DSL modems that do
NAT out of the box and that helps stops scanners right out of the box.

Adrin