[ale] Can't print in wine

Scott Castaline hscast at charter.net
Thu Feb 22 20:51:48 EST 2007

I'm about to drink down a bottle or 2 of wine. I've been banging my head
against the wall trying to get printing to work in wine. When I try
printing from ies4linux or even notepad the dialog comes showing my
default printer. I'll hit "OK" to print and nothing. My terminal shows
the following during this time:

err:winspool:WINSPOOL_GetDriverInfoFromReg Can't find driver L"HP
PhotoSmart 2600 Foomatic/hpijs" in registry
err:winspool:WINSPOOL_GetDriverInfoFromReg Can't find driver L"HP
PhotoSmart 2600 Foomatic/hpijs" in registry
err:commdlg:PRINTDLG_ChangePrinterW GetPrinterDriverA failed for
L"Photosmart_2610", fix your config!
fixme:commdlg:PRINTDLG_UpdatePrintDlgW No lpdm ptr?
fixme:commdlg:PRINTDLG_WMCommandW Update printdlg was not successful!
err:winspool:WINSPOOL_GetDriverInfoFromReg Can't find driver L"HP
PhotoSmart 2600 Foomatic/hpijs" in registry
err:winspool:WINSPOOL_GetDriverInfoFromReg Can't find driver L"HP
PhotoSmart 2600 Foomatic/hpijs" in registry
err:commdlg:PRINTDLG_ChangePrinterW GetPrinterDriverA failed for
L"Photosmart_2610", fix your config!
fixme:psdrv:PSDRV_ExtDeviceMode lpdmOutput is NULL what should we do??

I have tried different names for printer driver in the registry to no
avail. Originally the driver value was Photosmart_2610.  I went into
the printer management  to  get the full name of the driver and that is
what is in there now.

I'm running FC6 (uname -r = 2.6.19-1.2911.fc6) and wine-0.9.31. This was
happening with 0.9.30 & 0.9.29 as well.

My printer is an HP All-in-One PSC2610v (ptr, fax, scanner, &....)
network printer. It works great in linux and Win4LinPro/Win2K, but
nothing with wine.

Helppppppppppppppppppp meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee cried the human fly trapped in
the spider's web...................