[ale] Monochrome PC & small distros

David B. linux at roguepc.com
Wed Feb 21 20:27:18 EST 2007

I have suitcase PC it has a built-in amber monitor with a 486SX25 MB, 32
megs of Ram, a 212 meg HD 14,4 modem, and a 10 base NIC.(no mouse) It
has had DOS 6,2 on it and I managed to get Red Hat 5.2 "CLI" on it but
there wasn't much room left on HD. I hate to throw it away, everything
still works like new!

I was wondering which of the small distros out there would be the best
for my hardware combination. I want to use it just to do some logging,
and maybe some other Ham Radio chores. I've been looking at: DSL,
Tiny-LiNuX, STX, Puppy. Which of these or possibly one I missed would
work the best? Been leaning toward DSL, but not sure...

David B.
--
If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem. Buy her
flowers!