[ale] OT - Job Opportunity in Alpharetta

ale list ale at gurlhax0r.org
Wed Feb 21 11:10:34 EST 2007

Jeff Lightner wrote:
> You have a bit of a point.   After turning my nose up at the $12/hour
> job I was unemployed for 4 months and ultimately ended up having to move
> to North Carolina to find a job.   I often thought later to myself that
> since it was a night shift job that perhaps I should have taken as it
> would have let me continue searching for a real job during the day.

In retrospect, it's amazing the job decisions one makes at times.  Years
ago when I was trying to finish up grad school, I was about to be
evicted.  I took the only job I could find, tending bar/waitress at a
hole in the wall.  I had to wear a sleazy outfit and put up with untold
comments from patrons who were usually already drunk when they arrived.
  The money was great, but you had to cater to these drunks.  The more
you smiled and put up with their remarks, the more money you made.  I
only did it for 6 months, when the owner asked me to move from serving
to 'dancing.'  I declined, and he then let me know it wasn't an option.
  I had to draw the line there. :)

--
Tina