[ale] OT: Stupid Windows Trick

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Tue Feb 20 09:35:43 EST 2007

Well I got the duplicate response but don't understand it.
Localhost = 127.0.0.1 i.e. the host you're on.   If you ping localhost
that's the IP you see.
Also if I do the net view without specifying a host the list that comes
up of all computer has no localhost entries.

Maybe the subject should have just been "Stupid Windows".