[ale] Linux Kubuntu install

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Mon Feb 12 20:59:44 EST 2007

On Monday 12 February 2007 19:25, Robert Reese wrote:
> Unfortunately, his original email also said that the laptop had two
> harddrives in it, one of them was a 200G harddrive that had multiple
> partitions on it. ?That's a rather unusual setup for ntfsresize to
> encounter. ?Furthermore, how was XP handling the partitions? ?There's a few
> different ways XP will allow you to use partitions, and in this case young
> Mr. Cartwright may very well had used Dynamic disks. Depending on how he
> set his partitions up, it is possible that Windows may have decided to put
> system files in otherwise unexpected disk areas.
I booted the compuer using the LiveCD..
His original PC was a single-disk XP setup. He added another 250Gb drive, with
multiple partitions, some NTFS, some FAT. I picked the smallest ( empty )
partition he had to add linux to.
To be honest, I'm not sure what was where on either drive, but I think most of
XP was on the original, and he had data files on the 2nd drive..
My problem with the kubuntu install was it doesn't have a good way to
repartition drives, it looks to me to be much easier when you select ALL, or
let it partition everything automagically.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800