[ale] T41 drive problems

Dan Lambert danlambert at bellsouth.net
Mon Feb 12 11:39:58 EST 2007

My T41 ran Ubuntu beautifully. The only thing that didn't work was the
Windows specific keys. Who cares!

I am sold on the rugged quality of the IBM/Lenovo laptops. I've had
Dells, Gateways, and Compaqs, and none of them were worth the powder to
blow to h**l. The only thing that came close was the Toshibas, and I
haven't had one of those in years.

I am currently looking at going with the Thinkpad X60s, but would like
to hear other's takes on their preferred brand. The money isn't spent
yet.

Dan