[ale] GeForce 7300 NVIDIA card with linux

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Sun Feb 11 08:01:23 EST 2007

On Saturday 10 February 2007 23:08, Mike Harrison wrote:
> First, you'll have to enable the composite extention
> as an option, and then play with the other options
> in that original e-mail.
we have Beryl! I ran it from the command line, saw the beryl splash screen..
when I clicked reply to your email, a new window showed up, but it sorta ...
flashed in. and it has no "X" box to close the window, and no
minimize/maximize buttons..
when I ran beryl  I got this:

pbc at Paulspc:~/Documents/software/tovid> beryl
XGL Absent, checking for NVIDIA
Nvidia Present
Relaunching beryl with __GL_YIELD="NOTHING"
XGL Absent, checking for NVIDIA
Nvidia Present

** (process:21000): WARNING **: get_setting_is_integrated not found in backend
ini

** (process:21000): WARNING **: get_setting_is_read_only not found in backend
ini

** (process:21000): WARNING **: get_setting_is_integrated not found in backend
ini

** (process:21000): WARNING **: get_setting_is_read_only not found in backend
ini
Initiating splash
Reloading all options
and I had to restart X, all of my windows became inactive, except for the one
that I ran beryl from. even after I killed the session my windows were
frozen.
trying to install compiz  doesn't look like its gonna happen.... missing
libdbus, yet dbus-1-devel is installed..
time for church..
--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800