[ale] Question: to LVM or not LVM

Robert Reese ale at sixit.com
Sat Feb 10 13:04:06 EST 2007

I have a question I hope y'all can help me with...

I am installing openSUSE 10.2 on my laptop and want to use the Xen virtualization or the VMWare solution to run XP Pro inside a virtual machine.  Looking at LVM, which I found is different than a VM, the prospect intrigues me as I have a growing number of spare harddrives and external harddrives.

The question is whether I should install openSUSE with LVM or will I find a much more difficult time ahead than without LVM?

TIA,
Robert Reese~