[ale] sftpd on Cygwin

Jerry Yu jjj863 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 22:36:02 EST 2007

a user named 'sshd' needs to be created in /etc/passwd. so sshd can run as
that user after the initial socket binding.
I don't think you need to run sftpd.exe separately. openssh's implementation
is to have sftp server as a subsystem for sshd.
A year ago, I tried setting up similar things on XP, and had got it work
with passphrase authentication.