[ale] ramblings of a rpm session from hell

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Fri Feb 9 17:24:17 EST 2007

On Friday 09 February 2007 16:16, Scott Castaline wrote:
> Oh boy that sounds familiar. As far as installing hplip, I've never had
> problems since the very 1st time installing it, I think around 0.6.x.
> And now that some one has rolled it into a script run file it's even
> easier until I attempted this time with FC6. My earlier installs were on
> Suse, Ubuntu, and a couple other distos that I can't remember. I'm
> beginnig to think that it has something to do with the i686 kernel, and
> as I don't have either ATI or Nvidia video controllers, I might just try
> downgrading to i586 and see if my troubles go away.

on my new Dell , I have an HP5600 all-in-one attached, and I use smart to
update the hplip installs.
bc at Paulspc:~> rpm -qa|grep hpl
hplip-hpijs-1.7.1-1.pm.1
hplip-1.7.1-1.pm.1

the HP stays mostly attached to my laptop. For home use, I usually use my
trusty Epson stylus color 880.. I can get the ink cartridges for it much
cheaper.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800