[ale] Question

Terry Bailey terry at bitlinx.com
Thu Feb 8 19:05:40 EST 2007

I am using plain old ftp.

I use sftp uploading to the Sun box and that works.

The same thing happens when I try to upload to my ftp space at
BellSouth.  That is, for my 2003 server and for the server at BellSouth,
any file over 1.4K will not upload, but I can upload, using sftp, any size
file to the Unix box (plain ftp is turn off on the Unix box).

When I use the command prompt in XP, a file less than 1.4K uploads just
fine, but when I try to upload a file larger than 1.4K, it sits there for a
while and eventually comes back with "connection closed by foreign
host."  If you take a look at the 2003 server, you find that the file
larger than 1.4K is there but with zero bytes.