[ale] oh... please (slight rant)

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Wed Feb 7 13:15:14 EST 2007

> i actually was rendered speechless (not an easy feat mind you, i run my
> trap A LOT) when he proclaimed that he could hack any Linux machine in a
> few minutes because it was open-source.  i sat there for a few seconds
> and then looked at my friend and asked, "he's not doing anything mission
> critical for you, is he?"

I'd hand them a Linux laptop.. Mine even. and say: Go For It.

Once, When hearing similiar FUD, I logged the guy in as 'root' and handed
it to him.. He clicked on a bunch of things, poked around.. logged out,
and then tried to login as 'Administrator'.  We laughed.. and laughed..

Unfortunately, a million babeling monkeys make a lot of noise.