[ale] Evolution is a hog

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Mon Dec 10 21:26:26 EST 2007

My primary client is a big proprietary client (GroupWise) that handles 10's of thousands of messages and has a full text indexer, so it is very fast and I can find anything I want to search for usually within a few seconds. I've got a several dozen top level folders with nesting three and for levels deep, so I would estimate I have a couple of hundred total.  The number of messages in my mailbox usually fluctuates around 20k, since I use at as a combination archive/contact management system.

I occasionally use Thunderbird for testing and it manages to do marginally well with an IMAP connection, but Evolution pukes all over it's shoes any time I've tried to do anything with it.  I've tried to work with a number of times just to keep giving it chances to wow me, but it just annoys me every time I touch it.

-jt

James Taylor
The East Cobb Group, Inc.
678-697-9420