[ale] 15 second boot-up time dropped to 1 second

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Wed Aug 1 11:52:53 EDT 2007

I have no idea what happened or how it got changed.
When I boot my Dell XPS laptop it has been taking 15 seconds sitting at the
grub stage 1.5 screen before it ever got to the OS selection screen, where
the default time comes from menu.lst

I finally went into the BIOS settings, saw the bootup sequence included #4 as
floppy drive. Since I don't HAVE a floppy drive ( I do use a USB floppy on
occassion) I hit the space bar to remove that entry. saved, got out,
rebooted, and BAM ! right to the OS selection screen...

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800