[ale] New Mailing List initiatives for ALE

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Sat Sep 30 15:23:29 EDT 2006

Exactly.  I was and am a member of the Dutchworks HP-UX mailing list for
years.  HP setup ITRC forums rather than a mailing list.  I seldom visit
that forum even though it appears that most people do use the ITRC
instead of the mailing list.  Part of that may be due to the fact that
the forum has a rating systems so some of the more technical people like
showing up at the different ranking levels there.

Having said that I do fairly frequently visit linuxquestions.org forums.
Of course if this list had that volume of posts it would have to be
forums or we'd all turn it off.  My preference for this list is its
local nature.