[ale] Bluetooth mouse on SUSE10.1

Justin Haygood jhaygood at spsu.edu
Fri Sep 29 14:40:13 EDT 2006

Hidd --connect bluetoothaddress
?
I Know it works, I use it on mine :)
?
No other config needed. X.org will pick it up the
second they sync. Make sure to press the reset button on the mouse though
before the first connect. After that, that command is totally unnecessary
(its persistant for all eternity as long as you don't reset and resync
with another PC)

> I've been quietly being smug about the fact that people
seem to have to
> work through getting things configured on Ubuntu
that just works on my
> preferred distro (SUSE).
>
> Now I have to ask for help on something.

finally decided to try out Bluetooth mouse on my Sony Vaio SZ series,
> and I can't get it working.
> Bluetooth seems to be running
and I can find the mouse's Blutetooth ID
> listed  in the
Bluetooth configuration tool.

> I tried the trick of
doing an ls -la /dev/input and got /dev/input/mice,

/dev/input/mouse0 and /dev/input/mouse1.

> When I cat
each of these, I get trash on my console screen when I use the

builtin touchpad with mouse1 and mice, but nothing on any of them when
> use the Bluetooth mouse.
>
> I see by doing a
little searching that a few other people had their
> Bluetooth
meeses  break when they upgraded to 10.1, but they have

generally been fixed by using cat trick above to adjust the xorg.conf
> file.
>
> I've never had a Bluetooth mouse on any
previous versions, so I've never
> had it working to begin