[ale] Etherreal and switches

runman runman at speedfactory.net
Thu Sep 28 18:16:12 EDT 2006

Why not a simple transparent bridge ??  OpenBSD has a simple ready-made
setup where you can put 2 nics into a box and allow packets to pass  between
them.  pf can do any filtering and whatever you want can count/categorize
the packets.  Linux can do this also, but I only have experience with
OpenBSD.  Since each nic does not have an IP address it is secure and if you
want to network it then add a third NIC with an IP address.

- Greg