[ale] On Topic: Exchange->Linux->PDA

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Thu Sep 28 13:55:39 EDT 2006

On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 12:31:45PM -0400, Robert L. Harris wrote:
>   I did get Evolution working but I want to import the meetings to my
> Pilot (Garmin Ique) but couldn't get it to sync.  I use kubuntu and the
> gpilot wouldn't sync to my pilot for some reason.  I did not see an
> export function in Evolution.  If there is one I missed I'd be fine
> importing that to kpilot and syncing.  2 Steps is just fine.

Evolution stores its calendar data in an iCalendar file.  The last time
I used it, the calendar file was in
evolution/local/Calendar/calendar.ics.  IIRC, korganizer also uses
iCalendar, so you should be able to import that directly into
korganizer.  I am, of course, assuming that you use korganizer.

If that doesn't work or isn't an option, then I think getting gpilot to
work is probably going to be the best and easiest way to get the
calendar data to your pilot (wow, saying that in writing actually caused
me physical pain for a minute...).  Make sure kpilotDaemon isn't running
first.

Finally, if neither of those pans out, I wrote an iCalendar import tool
for J-Pilot a long time ago.  It's very rough, but should be easier than
manually copying everything to your palm.  It's at
http://jp-icalendar.sourceforge.net.

Good luck,
Jason

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9