[ale] New Mailing List initiatives for ALE

usmpiano at aim.com usmpiano at aim.com
Wed Sep 27 21:25:36 EDT 2006

Actually, I was hired in to a position of Operational Acceptance
Testing, and i knew a small bit about linux when i was hired (ls was
about the only command i knew, and i knew that everything is a file).
Since then, though I am the only Windows person in the buidling, I have
to help support Linux in flavors from Red Hat 7 to AS 4 and Solaris
 from 6 to 10. It's actually what i spend most of my time doing now.
Let's just say it's been a trial by fire.  Since we use AD in the PC
LAN, I don't really have much of a need for Samba there, but I do
anticipate trying a setup in my apartment when i move next week.