[ale] New Mailing List initiatives for ALE

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Tue Sep 26 20:35:58 EDT 2006

On Tuesday 26 September 2006 04:48 pm, Jerald Sheets wrote:

> Feel free to comment. ?I look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts.

I really like the idea of a chat list for silly stuff. Do hope that passive
moderation is at least attempted before resorting to full moderation of
the main list. And a large *team* of moderators is utilized if / when this
becomes necessary.

I do hope it works though. I was on the off-topic list for my distro for a
brief time and had to unsubscribe because even *I* could not handle it.
Easily four times the avgrage volume of ALE and other than a few jokes,
99% of it was *human* politics. No thanks! Ping-pong, profanity, *linux*
politics, even VI verses Kwrite :) I can handle. Personally feel that
human politics, religion, or origions are the three topics that do not
belong on any discussion forum that is intended for anything else.

BTW both the newbie and expert list for my distro are available through
gmane.org as a newsgroup (headers, easier filtering...) the off-topic list
is email only. <shrug> Something to think of for future options.
--
William