[ale] Temp Cache

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 19:49:47 EDT 2006

Oops. I forgot to address the second question.

If you want Firefox to not cache anything at all, you can do it a
couple of ways. The easiest would be to go to Firefox's preferences
pane and set the cache size to zero under "Privacy > Cache". Or you
could type "about:config" in the URL bar and press enter; from there
set "browser.cache.disk.enable" to false (type "cache" in the search
field to find it quicker). And for no cache AT ALL set
"browser.cache.memory.enable" to false. Personally, I set the disk
cache to false and leave the memory cache enabled. That way I don't
have to wait on my hard drive when surfing. Stuff like cookies are
still stored to disk, though.

Also, Fedora is the distribution. It doesn't do any caching. Firefox
(et al.) is the web browser. It does the caching.