[ale] recommended personal DSL provider for Alpharetta ?

JK jknapka at kneuro.net
Mon Sep 25 11:35:51 EDT 2006

James Sumners wrote:

> For decent VoIP service you really have to manage your bandwidth well.
> That means implementing some sort of QoS rules.

When I had Vonage, the QoS rules were implemented in the VoIP
box/modem/thing.  I'd expect many VoIP providers do the same.
You just have to make sure the VoIP box sits outside your firewall.

I ended up dumping Vonage because I used my cell 99.99% of the
time anyway, so I was wasting money on Vonage.

-- JK