[ale] car audio mp3 player (how to make disks)

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Wed Sep 20 15:43:39 EDT 2006

> piped the text into Festival (text-to-speech converter), used sox, sed,
> and lame to cut the result up into 5-minute MP3s.
>
> Then, I used Grip on all 17 Harry Potter 6 CDs, and let it create an
> 11GB tree of .wav files.  I wrote a script to make duplicate trees in

Circa 2003, I bought a Car Amp with a Line In.. and a couple of patch
cables..

Best investment in car audio I ever made, I usually plug my Sirius radio
into it now, but on many road trips I have a 600mhz Linux laptop
playing MP3's/Ogg's and displaying GPS.. With an external WiFi antenna
I can often find a hotspot easily (but I park to use it).