[ale] Comcast: can get out but not in

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 18 16:35:13 EDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-09-18 at 13:17 -0700, Steven A. DuChene wrote:
> Jim:
> Thanks for the questions.
> There is nothing except a network cable between the system
> and the cable modem. I had my non-technical friend on-site
> double check the IP address showing up on the system and
> it was indeed the exact one I was trying to connect to.

Well, it's a mystery to me then.  I do know that Comcast has been having
all sorts of issues over the past few days.  DNS went MIA a few times,
an then all IP traffic went down for me.  This AM I woke up with a new
IP too.  So... I presume they are making some major infrastructure
changes.

Best wishes sorting things out.

-Jim P.