[ale] Window Managers for X

jallgood@the-allgoods.net john at turbocorp.com
Thu Sep 14 16:34:26 EDT 2006

Hey Ale

	We are using Neoware thin clients in our environment and connect
back to an XDM servers. We currently use Metro Motif Window manager which is
a commercial product. This company is no longer in business. I am looking
for a replacement Window Manager that is light and easy to configure. I was
thinking of OpenMotif but this desktop does not have a virtual desktop
feature anymore. I have looked at fluxbox, fvwm, xfce and a few others. The
Window Manager needs to support virtual desktops and transient windowing it
also needs a gloral rc file to make it easier to manage. Any ideas would be
appreciated.

Thanks

John Allgood
Senior Systems Administrator
Turbo, division of Ozburn-Hessey Logistics
2251 Jesse Jewell Pky.? NE
Gainesville, GA 30507
tel (678) 989-3051? fax (770) 531-7878
john at turbocorp.com