[ale] OT: Critique Code

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Mon Sep 11 10:50:29 EDT 2006

I've got parts of my first module written in Python.  I originally have
written our modules in Perl.  Some of our customers are versed in Python
instead and up to now I've simply left them on their own.  They could
still do all the things that Perl users could do but had to write all
the code their self.  They could not use our APIs to make life
easier.

This module is a client that attaches to a 7.2.7 version of conserver.
I'm still using returns to represent failures and I need to convert it
to throw exceptions instead.  There may be some shortcuts that I'm not
using and some syntax I'm ignoring that would make it simple to read.
Feel free to re-factor any way you wish.  My goal is to throw it up to
get some feedback to learn.  You can't learn something overnight and the
best way is to get experienced ppl to look at your work and comment.

http://buford.linxdev.com/Console.py

If this works well I may also create Ruby equivalent to our modules too.
We can add support for that language and I can learn it in the process.