[ale] Opinions on lightweight laptops?

Dan Lambert danlambert at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 10 15:06:44 EDT 2006

I am using an IBM (now Lenovo) T41, and using Ubuntu Dapper on it. It is
the only OS installed, and except for some little bitty piddly stuff, it
works great. Ubuntu recognized and correctly installed all of the hardware.

The piddly stuff is that, essentially, the Windoze keys for going
forward and back while browsing web pages don't work. Aside from that, I
have no real issues with running Ubuntu on the machine. It is reliable,
fast, and does everything I need it to.

It has the 14" LCD, and that is entirely workable for me. If you need a
larger image area, you can always use an external monitor when you're
sitting at your desk coding.

Dan