[ale] "easiest" way to clone setup from one machine to another across a network

Preston Boyington preston.lists at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 12:43:18 EDT 2006

I have two identical machines and I want the same software installed
on both (initially anyway).

I was wondering if there was an easier way to do it other than first
partitioning both, installing on one, taring the directories, and then
untaring them on the victu--- err "guest" machine.

I am about to start my own bit of detective work after the install,
but thought I would get some ideas / experiences from others that
probably do this more often than I.

Should it matter, these are Toshiba Satellite A105-s2101 laptops and I
run Debian on everything because I don't want to expend the energy to
get used to anything else.  ;-)

Thanks folks,
Preston