[ale] Trustix Secure Linux

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 12:29:36 EDT 2006

I was going to save my opinion of Gentoo, but your last sentence sums
it up. How on earth can the requirement of a distcc farm for speedy
(relatively) updates be easy to maintain? Rebuilding every package
whenever it is updated is ridiculous.

Now, I agree. It might be time for Debian (and others) to add i686
binaries. Sure, i386 is all that is needed for mass compatibility, but
those machines are not the most common any more. Indeed, the fact that
Arch packages are i686 binaries is one of the reasons why I am trying
that distribution out on my desktop. But I still don't see a reason
for the ricer OS (funroll-loops.org). I've tried it out twice. Lasted
maybe a week both times. It is a colossal waste of time.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/

CH:D 59