[ale] smart packagemanager for SUSE

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Wed Sep 6 07:30:29 EDT 2006

I don't remember who, but someone mentioned that they didn't like the
Smart package manager. I just had to reinstall my system, CUPS stopped
working after an update ( or something else I did:). So I upgraded
from SUSE 10.0 to 10.1 . I did this on my old SUSE 9.3 partition, so I
didn't have smart installed. When I went to find smart, it now has
much better instructions AND is already setup with all the sources!
check out the install page ( and instructions):
http://susewiki.org/index.php?title=Smart

Smart comes pre-configured with all the channels you need (main
repository, online updates, non-OSS repository, "guru" repository,
packman, ...), including the correct repository URLs and mirrors for
10.1 or 10.0.
--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800