[ale] Question: What does "Fixating" mean for burning cd?

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 12:24:22 EDT 2006

1) My answer is not a "non-answer".
2) Your assumption is correct. If you had not told your drive to use
"burnfree" you would have hit a buffer underrun almost immediately.
The burnfree method was devised to prevent buffer underruns by
allowing the burn to sort of stutter through no matter how fast the
data stream is to the drive. The final quality of a disc that relied
on burnfree heavily during the burn process as opposed to the quality
of one that did not is vast. I'm willing to bet that if you reburn
that disc without relying on burnfree, your new disc will read a lot
faster than your current one.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/