[ale] Intelligent Spammers

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Wed Oct 25 11:22:43 EDT 2006

On Wed October 25 2006 11:04 am, KingBahamut wrote:
> http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html
>
> mime_header_checks (default:
> $header_checks<http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#header_checks>
> )
>
> Optional lookup tables for content inspection of MIME related
> message headers, as described in the
> header_checks(5)<http://www.postfix.org/header_checks.5.html>manual
> page.
>
> This feature is available in Postfix 2.0 and later.
I have :
postfix-2.2.9-10

but I'm not sure I understand this entire comcept, or what to do.. I
got to the pcre.. but this looks a bit intimidating for a novice to
attempt, obviously what the spammers hope will happen.

maybe a filter on the GIF file size would be a better approach.. I'm
sure they are smaller than most pictures people send...
I see 2 of my GIFS are 13.9KB and 9.6KB, so maybe a filter on emails
with only 1 GIF and gif_size<20KB ?
--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800