[ale] Intelligent Spammers

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed Oct 25 09:51:44 EDT 2006

Lately spamassasin has been failing.  I think it is because some of
these spammers are getting very creative.  Some way they know what I do
and send subject lines with the words that are technical.  My guess is
that they harvest an address from a mailing list.  Look at the archives
and harvest words from the subject list.  Use those words to compose a
subject that makes no sense but will pass the test.  I'm getting many
"Serious Letter.  You have to read".  So many to the point I may tell
procmail to send all emails with the subject "*You have to read*" to the
bit bucket.  It might be time to tune spamassassin?