[ale] if 'dpkg' is removed, will this entirely disable all up-dating/grading & apt-getfunctions?

Courtney Thomas courtneycthomas at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 23 08:19:38 EDT 2006

James,

Am I correct in assuming that you are implicitly saying.....

apt-get is independent of dpkg, and that,.....

EVEN IF dpkg IS MISSING, you CAN still install dpkg with apt-get ?

Regarding my travail in all this.....I am at this point taking all
this to be a learning experience and if I can finally salvage and
repair this system, I think I'll have a much better grasp of Debian,
even if it's only at the operational level, which has a lot of value
to a user, at least this one  :-)

I am not discouraged and in fact am pleased at how much I've learned,
thanks a lot to you.

Cordially,
Courtney