[ale] if 'dpkg' is removed, will this entirely disable all up-dating/grading & apt-getfunctions ?

Courtney Thomas courtneycthomas at bellsouth.net
Sun Oct 22 23:06:10 EDT 2006

James,

I'm using synaptic.

I assume that they're all based on dpkg somehow, but maybe not so.

Is their a 'concise' description of Debian innards anywhere on the web ?

Surely somebody's done this !

I'm sittin' here with a screen that says it's ready to do the long sought
for,
'cept it's warnin' me that it's about to delete an ESSENTIAL pkg,....dpkg.

I sure would like to hit <ret> but would like to hear from someone who's
done this without committing hara-kari   :-)

Courtney