[ale] Fw: HOW2 resolve aptitude conflict ?

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 09:41:24 EDT 2006

You need to specify the branch of Debian you are using. It sounds like
you are using stable, in which case the package
(http://packages.debian.org/stable/base/kernel-image-2.4.27-2-k7) has
a different initrd-tools requirement, but trying to install from
unstable (http://packages.debian.org/unstable/base/kernel-image-2.4.27-2-k7).
That is _never_ a good idea IMHO.

If you want to run unstable, then you need to do a dist-upgrade.
Almost every single package on your system depends on libc6.
Therefore, replacing libc6 is no trivial task.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/

CH:D 59